There are many professional ways to change your natural hair colour in New York. A special place in this series of female beauty secrets takes discoloration of hair. With its help, natural pigment is etched out of the hair shafts. Girls get the opportunity to make their curls a few tones lighter than their original colour scheme. Such strands can be toned in another colour or left as is.
Often discoloration is called bleaching, due to the similarity of the results. However, the procedures have significant differences at the level of the structure of the hair rods. In the case of discoloration, the natural pigment is only partially destroyed. To this end, women use means that change colour by about 4 tones.
Not only yellowness is a problem for blonde-haired women. If you decide to discolour curls, prepare for the fact that they can become dry, brittle. Together with the natural pigment, the hair loses moisture, under the influence of the sunrays and styling means loses shine.
Of course, in order to minimize the risk of negative effects, it is important to adhere to the technology of discoloration. You should not use a special paint more often 1 time in 2-3 months, and a more aggressive supra – more often 1 time in 3-4 months. Tonics can be used no more than 1-2 times a month. In the intervals between treatments, it is necessary to intensively restore the structure of the hair shafts, moisturize the curls, and feed them with masks, creams, and balms.
Any colour change affects the state of curls, especially if it is discoloration. The destruction of the natural pigment occurs because of an oxidative process that adversely affects the entire hair structure.
Under the action of a chemical reaction, voids are formed at the site of natural melanin, and the keratin building material is significantly deformed. The core after clarification weakens. The loosened layer of scales, covering the hair, ceases to provide reliable protection.
Curls become dry, fragile, dull, and defenceless.
In order for the hair to be less damaging in the process of clarification, you should prepare for it in advance:
- Take care of the curls as carefully as possible: to significantly limit or reject any thermal effects (hair dryer, rectifier, sun);
- Do not produce other damaging hair chemical actions (perm, dyeing);
- If discoloration is planned in a month or more, it is more desirable to prepare a head of hair with the help of masks, rinse. Choose suitable recipes with cinnamon, honey, kefir, chamomile, but without chemicals, alcohols. Discoloration procedures alternate with hair nutrition.
- Provide proper care: nutrition, hydration, thorough cleansing. 1 week before the procedure, intensive care should be stopped.
- It is better to get rid of split ends before dying, since they are more noticeable on light strands. Hairstyle will get a sloppy look. If discoloration is carried out in the salon, this manipulation should be done immediately after procedure.
- The hair should not contain traces of styling, even chlorinated water from the pool or sea salt can spoil the result of the upcoming discoloration.
- It is necessary to clean the curls 1-3 days before the procedure; a natural protective layer is formed on the skin.
- It is important to lead a healthy lifestyle: food, sleep, no bad habits.
Following these simple rules, it will become much easier to achieve the best result. With a healthy, prepared hair you can hope for a favourable outcome of events.
Business address: 340 W 49th St, New York, NY 10019